If you are running in circles, exploring an overwhelming number of remodel or building options, and need some help getting on the right track, a consultation is the perfect solution. It is an excellent way to get your questions answered, determine what is feasible and not feasible, and get some ballpark guesstimates for the various projects you are comparing and contrasting.
STEP BY STEP:
1. We will setup a Dropbox folder for you to add your project images, plans, photos, and anything else you might want us to look at. In addition, we will send a questionnaire for you to fill out and email you a link to the folder once we are ready to go.
2. We will review everything you send, and we can set up a time to meet which can happen one of four ways:
a. You come to our Seattle office
b. We do a site visit and meet with you at your home
c. A good old fashioned phone call
d. We do an online call using Facetime or Skype. The visual element of this is preferred over a phone, call so you can use your computer’s camera to walk us around your home. It is the next best thing to a site visit
3. If you request any follow-up work like sketches, code research, etc. we will give you a timeline to receive that information when we talk
· The first hour will be $200 which includes our time reviewing the information you send
· Every hour thereafter will be billed in 15 minute increments at a rate of $150 per hour
· Travel time will be billed at $75 per hour
· Any travel requiring air fare, ferry rides, car rentals or lodging will be negotiated ahead of time, including a minimum fee of $1000 for a 4-hour meeting
· The minimum fee is required before the start of the meeting, and a second installment will be made afterwards for the remaining amount.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE THE MOST OF THIS MEETING:
You will receive a free copy of Dear Homeowner, Please Take My Advice. Sincerely, An Architect. In it, you will learn how to gather inspiration for your project, organize your priorities, and guesstimate budgets for your projects. If you follow along with the book and do some basic number crunching, you will have weeded out some of your ideas, and we will be able to have a much more meaningful discussion about the specifics of your project. There is great value in doing this homework before we talk, and you will get infinitely more out of the discussion as a result. We love seeing homeowners just like you come to decisions about their future! These meetings are super helpful for you and gratifying for us. We look forward to hearing from you.